The Federal Tax Authority (FTA) is the competent authority responsible for the administration, collection and enforcement of taxes in the UAE including Value Added Tax, Excise Tax and the corporate tax. However, taxpayers need to appoint registered tax agents in the UAE to represent them before the FTA. Taxpayers must hire FTA-registered tax agents in the UAE to accurately present their tax-related matters to the Authority.
Tax Gian, a division of Jitendra Tax Consultants (JCA), offers services of FTA-approved tax agents in Dubai, UAE. Tax Gian’s team of tax experts, representing as a tax agent is highly qualified and experienced and can act as a reliable mediator between the FTA and the taxable person. Let’s discuss in detail the tax agent services offered by Tax Gian:
Registered Tax Agents in the UAE
As per Federal Law No (7) of 2017 on Tax Procedures, taxable persons may appoint tax agents in the UAE to represent them before the FTA in connection with the person’s tax affairs and taxable obligations. The Tax Procedures Law defines a tax agent as
“Any Person registered with the Authority in the Register, who is appointed on behalf of another person to represent him before the Authority and assist him in the fulfilment of his Tax obligations and the exercise of his associated tax rights.” The FTA has a list of tax agents registered with it, which will help taxpayers when hiring tax agents in the UAE.
Duties and Responsibilities of Tax Agents in the UAE
The Executive Decision of the Tax Procedures Law clearly outlines the primary duties of registered tax agents in Clause No 11 of Article 10. It says when a taxable person appoints a Tax Agent to act in his name and on his behalf, the Tax Agent shall perform the following duties:
- Assist the Person with his Tax obligations according to a contractual agreement between the Person and the Tax Agent.
- Without prejudice to any obligations in the Law, maintain the confidentiality of any information obtained in the course of performing his duties as a Tax Agent.
- Refuse to participate in any work or plan which may result in a breach of any law by any Person or may jeopardize the integrity of the tax system.
Key Services Provided by FTA-Registered Tax Agents in Dubai, UAE
A tax agent is often associated with a tax agency and taxable persons avail the tax agent’s services through the tax agency. Tax agencies in the UAE provide the following services through their tax agent:
- Helping businesses register with the FTA
- Preparing and submitting tax returns to the FTA on behalf of the businesses
- Maintaining tax-related records and/or information
- Enquiring about tax-related matters with the FTA
- Submitting requests for reconsideration of decisions issued by the FTA
Qualities of a Registered Tax Agent in the UAE
Since the tax agent is the communicator between the FTA and the taxable person, entities should be diligent while selecting tax agents. The FTA mandates that the registered tax agents must possess the following qualities:
- Good conduct and behaviour; never convicted of a crime or misdemeanour
- Hold at least a certified bachelor’s or Master’s degree in tax, accounting or law from a recognised educational institution, or a bachelor’s degree in any field plus a tax certification as accepted from an internationally known tax institute.
- Have a relevant recent experience of at least three years, in either tax, qualified accounting or law, with the ability to communicate orally and in writing in both Arabic and English
- Pass any tests to meet qualification standards as may be specified by the Authority
- Be medically fit to perform the duties of the profession
- Hold a professional indemnity insurance contract
- Performing the activity through a legal person approved by the Ministry of Economy and the local competent authority
Tax Gian Offers the Best Tax Agent Services in Dubai, UAE
The services of a registered tax agent in the UAE are essential for businesses to communicate effectively with the FTA and ensure compliance with tax laws and regulations. Tax agents help taxable persons to meet their tax obligations as per the FTA norms. Tax Gian, a division of JTC, offers tax agent services in Dubai to help companies comply with the country’s tax laws and regulations. JTC, a part of Jitendra Chartered Accountants (JCA), established in 2001 is a registered tax agent in the UAE.
Our two decades of experience in the UAE will come in handy for organisations to navigate through the country’s complex tax regime. Tax Gian can provide bespoke tax agency services in Dubai and represent your company for tax-related concerns before the FTA. We provide tax agent services in Dubai and all other emirates such as Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Ras Al Khaimah, Ajman, Fujairah& Umm Al Quwain to registered taxpayers.